Saturday, January 9, 2010

Ferrari in my driveway


There's ferrari in my driveway and someone won't let me have the keys to drive it! Okay, no ferrari but I do have a band. It's sleek, it's sexy and for some reason I am not allowed to use it yet. I had my first fill four days ago now and initially I was very optimistic that the restriction I felt would be great. Alas, the restriction (if there was any...I think I was just bloated from TOM) is gone, gone, gone. I have been eating just as I have since the second week after surgery. That means for the last month, nothing has happened. I have lost zippo! I know, I know...I need to be patient and wait another month to get a fill again. Right, like I could wait to drive a ferrari sitting in my driveway. This really bites the biscuit.
I am curious to hear from my fellow bandsters about how many adjustments they needed and how long it took to get to good restriction after being banded. Please feel free to share your comments. Thank you for taking the time to help a rookie out.

2 comments:

Gen said...

Aww, that sucks not being able to drive the Ferrari! I know that feeling.

My first fill was to 4 ccs (in a 10 cc band), and I felt just like you - good for a week or so, then not much at all.

Second fill I got 2 more for 6 ccs total. This one was good! Real restriction, lasted about 3 weeks.

Third fill I went up to 7 ccs. This was the ticket. Sweet spot! It has been almost 6 weeks now and I feel like I need a little more to get back to the sweet spot - but I've been driving the Ferrari!

Good luck, you are doing great so far!

Gen said...

Not sure I answered your question - I got my 3rd fill at 3 months out - so 2 months for decent restriction with second fill, 3 months for almost perfect restriction, but now I need to be topped off!