Sunday, February 27, 2011

To be, or not to be...

It's been a month already since my last post...shame, shame, shame...fifty sit-ups for me!  Okay, it has been a bit busy to say the least but I could have blogged instead of watching TV one night a week.  No more excuses.  I need to stay in touch with my blogger buddies.  I have to say how much I appreciated the comments on my last blog.  You guys are goood!

So why am I soooo excited...I think I'm pregnant!  Now I can't be sure yet but I seem to be experiencing some of the same things I did with my first pregnancy.  I am three days away from when my cycle should start again and I have been having very sensitive breasts with sharp, shooting sensations.  I have felt so tired in the evening...like run over by a Mach truck tired...for the last three nights.  Even more interesting is the feeling of euphoria...it's like I'm on something really good...  I took a home pregnancy test yesterday but it read negative.  It's possible I'm not pregnant, but it may also be my Hcg levels aren't high enough yet to detect with a home test.  So I am going to have a blood test on Wednesday.  Please say a prayer for me.

I do want to say that deciding to have the band has made a huge difference in my opportunity to add to our family.  Losing 50 lbs has improved  my chances of  having a second child at nearly forty years old by least ten fold.   Working with the band and making positive lifestyle changes, has made a dramatic difference in my life.  I know that this next pregnancy (hopefully I'm already there) will be so incredibly amazing because I took the time and care to look after myself.  If anyone else out there is pregnant or trying to get pregnant, I would love to hear your thoughts.  I would love to hear your comments even if your not...lol.

3 comments:

Marie said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

Nella said...

Fingers crossed and waiting oh so patiently!

Lap Band Gal said...

Hi! How are you? Where did you go? Are you ok? :)