Monday, August 9, 2010

A goddess and her crown...


The crown jewels...so befitting of a queen, or a goddess perhaps.  This goddess has been on holidays though and didn't have time to wear her crown or keep up with her blog.  Tonight, despite longing for an opportunity to slip off into a deep slumber, she sat down to reacquaint herself with the goings on in the band kingdom.  I must say, there has certainly been a lot going on these last two weeks.  I really shouldn't allow myself to be away for so long.  I really need to get a laptop or a messenger boy soon. 

Congratulations first of all to all those of you who have been staying on track and chipping away at those pounds.  It is truly motivating to see all the wonderful results everyone is posting.  I read Sally's tips for success after her two year bandiversary and it got be thinking about what I have been doing, or more appropriately, haven't been doing to ensure my continued success.  One area I am going to improve on is chronicling my journey in the form of this blog so that I can evaluate on an ongoing basis how I am changing.  Having been away from writing for more that a couple months now, I realized just how important it is to me.  By writing I am able to shed light on a path that is not always well defined.  This journey has proven to be more tumultuous and circuitous than I had predicted.  When I started out eight months ago, I didn't have any way of knowing how a collision of several unfortunate events would alter my course so much as I would lose sight of shore.  The details aren't important to the lesson.  The lesson learned was that life can sometimes step in the way of your journey.  If your commitment to that journey burns bright, even as a low flame, it will carry you until you can find your way again.  And so it has...  I am here again.  I am ready to pursue my dream again.  Thank you God for getting me back to this place.  I am among friends and I know they will support me on this next incredible adventure.  Thank you to all.  With this, I will begin writing again...

1 comment:

Amy said...

Missed you, my band sister, and whatever you need, you let me know! This journey is indeed a wild one, and acknowledging that is the first big step. :)