Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Greek Isles




Greece...my beautiful Greece...how do I love thee, let me count the ways...

It has been an early start to my day. 4:30 am and I was bright eyed and ready to go. Little baby bear woke up at 5:30 so I took him downstairs to play while my husband slept in. This early start gave me some time to write this blog and to think about going to Greece this summer. That got me to thinking about going to the beach and how I might look in a swimsuit this year. Though I have never been one to shy away from going to the beach, I must say these last few years I did not feel as comfortable lying on my beach chair. I am just trying to imagine how good it will feel to lie on a chair and feel like I have to pull a towel over my stomach and legs when I sit up to chat and sip my frappe (cold frothy coffee). Why I might even take my time sauntering into the water instead of diving in fast so no one can critique my form or lack thereof...lol. I will even fit into those darn white plastic chairs without worrying about spillage or breakage. I remember one time I sat one of those shi-shi poo-poo patio chairs and it actually bent out of shape. I was a bit embarrassed to say the least.

So I am very happy to be on this journey to a healthy body and healthy lifestyle. I sent my clinic coordinator a text yesterday to book a fill for March 3rd and will follow it up today with a phone call. I will see if my schedule will accommodate a week or so earlier but I am okay to wait until then. I am definitely going to be more assertive with them though. I appreciate they are being cautious but I really want to get this weight loss under way as I would like to plan on getting pregnant later this year. Good news on the scale today. I am down almost three pounds this week just from eating less and exercising more. I am going to keep up my part of things and restriction will come. I really appreciate all the input from everyone. Your support is keeping me sane through these first few months of getting to that ever elusive sweet spot. Thank you.

1 comment:

Girl Bandit said...

Oh yes...the dreaded swimsuit. Like you it doesn't stop me swimming but I love my kaftan. What a great goal. Good luck with the appt and congrats on your loss this week