Monday, January 4, 2010

Hot buns


Hot buns. Two little words that can motivate a legion of men and women to get their buns to the gym to work out. And that's just what I did today. After plotting carefully for an available parking spot, I was able to pounce on one just as two other gym gods were maneuvering to get the same spot. It was a slap on their tushies that I beat them to it, but out of the way buddy boy, this girl is on a mission. I was so pumped up (another reference to buns) to work out today. Maybe it was because I felt I slight smirk of satisfaction creeping in when I arrived and saw that the place was packed! Where were "they" last week when I was working out all by my lonesome? It's a phenomenon I've watched come and go every year at this time. It's like a yearly lunar tide. Only the strong survive and keep coming into the summer. I am proud to say I am one of those strong. And now, with the band, lookout...girlfriend's got a life jacket!

Now don't get me wrong. I too appreciate hot buns. It's just that I have been spending more time with the one's from the bakery than the one's at the gym. That has already begun to change though. Without really noticing it, my attitude toward food is changing. Hot (bakery) buns just don't excite me anymore. I am far more excited by the prospect of sporting my hot buns at the gym. Granted, my buns still need a little kneading before they're ready to strut around the gym but today, I wasn't at all self conscious of lying down on the machine, buns in the air, to do hamstring curls. This is a major NSV. I have bee avoiding that machine for over a year because I didn't want the guys around gawking at my bodacious booty (at least not until it's in fine form).

Onto my excitement about tomorrow. Tomorrow is my first fill and I am so psyched. With no restriction this last 4 weeks, I have only been able to maintain my weight. I am happy with at least that considering I didn't hold back over the holidays at all. In fact, any other time, it would have been as much as 5-10 lbs gained. I am so curious to see what the fill feels like. Should be interesting. I have been waiting somewhat patiently for tomorrow to come so I can really start this journey. I am going to work on some goals for the next while and will post them tonight.

2 comments:

The Former Fat Girl said...

Hey there Elliana, I love your post they are always so creative and funny !! Yay for your first fill, afterwards you really might not even notice a difference and dont get discourages if you have no restriction..very rarely do you get restriction at # 1. It took me 5 or 6 fills before I actually started to feel some sense of restriction. I will say that my first fill was a very "WEIRD" experience. I actually felt the liquid travel all the way up the band so it was a little alien but cool at that same time.

THE DASH! said...

Isn't that the best feeling in the world? When a certain food doesn't excite you any more.. I LOVE IT!! I'm def feeling this too. In fact I'm OVER food full stop. I eat now to keep my stomach from growling but I'm not searching for anything in particular. How good is that?

Congrats on getting out there to the gym. You rock, girl!