Sunday, November 15, 2009

My first confession

I must confess...this is my first time blogging and I am so exicited to be sharing my journey with you.

This day has been some months in the making. I have had my surgical consultation and my meeting with both the dietician and the pyschologist and all went well. I am so excited to be taking this step in my life, I can hardly contain my enthusiasm. Despite my urge to shout from the treetops that I have finally put myself first in my life and have decided to do this, I am for now keeping things quiet. My family knows and that's all the people that really need to know. I did debate whether to be open to all about this but I decided that the challenges ahead would be great enough that I didn't need to don a sandwich board sign and spout the virtues of the Lap Band. Perhaps at a later date, I will share my decision with friends and colleagues, but for now I feel better sharing things with other bloggers who are facing similar journeys.

I have begun my pre-0p Optifast diet of two shakes (I pretend they are chocolate martinis) and one bar (that's the peanut butter brownie that goes with the martini...lol) per day. They actually taste alright and it's only a short two weeks. Knowing how delicate the liver can be and how easily a little bleeding can become a problem, I am more than keen to give my surgeon all the room she needs to work. I am so curious as to what she will see inside. Would it be wrong to ask for the video? If I promised not to show it at the family Christmas party, I think it would be alright. Just kidding.

The anticipation is building and I know that despite all the hours I've spent researching this, this journey will be like no other. I know a lot about what to expect but at the same time I feel like I don't know anything until I've walked in these shoes. I am just going to rely on my faith and on myself to get through these next few weeks. I am also going to continue following all the amazing blogs that have helped me get to this point. I am so impressed by the solidarity and support amongst strangers. It's heartwarming to see this side of humanity.

I am looking forward to unleashing the goddess within...

No comments: