Thursday, May 27, 2010

Captured, imprisioned, and released

That's right.  I was captured and imprisoned by guerrillas who gave me a little too much fill and caused me almost three weeks of significant grief.  I did not relent though and defied their offer of taking a little out as I did not want to show any weakness knowing full well I could survive this and soon secure my release.  Thank God, my band finally loosened up to a reasonable level or I was going to run back to them crying like a school girl with her pigtails in an inkwell.  Lol...it has definitely been a hostage situation these last few weeks.  A lot of negotiating, maneuvering, strategizing and restrategizing.  Let's just say, it wasn't easy but I made it and now I am elated.  My sugar daddy sweet spot has arrived!

On top of being overfilled for three weeks and trying to cope with that, I have had a crazy (CRAZY) amount of work to do and haven't even had the energy to post.  I am back now and I have lots to say.  Firstly, being overfilled is a bigger challenge than one can imagine until it happens to you.  There's a lot to be said for slow and steady wins the race.  The overfill this time was accidental as I could swallow water after I had it but for whatever reason I couldn't eat anything solid and at the beginning not even mushies.  I PB'd more times than I would like to count including into a paper bag while sitting in the car in front of a long line of people waiting to purchase tickets.  Lovely...  I did contact my surgeon last week and his nurse suggested giving it some more time with just mushies.  I did and now I am feeling pretty good.  I can't explain why things were so tight for so long (I think stress may have been a factor) but I am very happy to be at my Sweet Spot now.  Back in action again...released from imprisonment.  I will weigh in next Monday and see how I did.  My clothes feel great but my scale at home has been on the fritz so I'll wait and weigh in at the gym in the morning Monday...if I can wait that long...hee, hee...  It's so good to be back!

6 comments:

jennyr1222 said...

So glad you're feeling better Elliana! I know for me stress is a huge contributing factor to tightness. Last weekend I felt like I had no restriction and could eat anything. This week it's like I'm at my sweet spot. Very strange!! Good luck!

Amanda Kiska said...

So glad it is better. Being too tight is no fun.

Amy said...

We are band twins, as my last fill was like that as well. I could swallow water right after the fill just fine, but then the next day, WHOA - I was on liquids for almost two weeks. Even mushies were dangerous. I've determined I'm just super-duper sensitive to fills. Sounds like you are, too!

Glad you are back. :)

The Former Fat Girl said...

Glad to hear that you got it all straighten out..as always love your post they're so humorously written !!

THE DASH! said...

Well, that all sounded rather horrible for you. SO glad that band has loosened up. I do love your take on things when they get rough though x

Girl Bandit said...

I am so with you about being too tight...I was too and it ain't fun. You could hear everything gurgle thru the band and it is so embarrassing. I am gald to see that you are in a good spot now thought. Good luck on the scales